Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. You must tag at least 10 of your followers.
Tagged by chaoticlivi! <3
Name: Meagan Griffin
Nickname(s): Uh, none. I mean, my handle everywhere is ifeanart or ifeana. So I guess those? But most people call me Meagan (and my high school friends call me Griffin because we’ve always had a thing about calling each other by our last names)
Birthday: Oct 6th
Current time zone: EST
Most used phrases: “That’s obnoxious” - “Um. YES!” - “TER-RIB-LE”
Last thing you said to a family member: “Come ‘ere…. Now. Seriously. Come here, I need you to look at this.” (said to husband about art WIP)
Favorite beverage(s): Coffee, Cinnamon Tea, Orange Juice, and Lemonade
First word that comes to mind: Glasses
Place that makes you feel happy and why: Bed. Who doesn’t love a bed? And being in a bed. All snuggled up and cozy, warm, possibly with a good book or watching tv. Beds are the best.
Last movie watched at the cinema: GAURDIANS OF THE GALAXY, BABY!
Three things you can’t live without: John, Dogs, and Fandoms.
Something you plan on learning: I saw this really cool tutorial the other day for how to make a Soul Eater soul mold (not the character, but the souls.) and then to use it to make soul gummy candies. I’m gonna learn to do that for OBVIOUS reasons.
Piece of advice for your followers: You get one life, guys; one chance to be happy (overall). Now, life is hard. Trust me, I know. You might be rolling your eyes at me and think that there’s no way for a person to be happy ALL THE TIME and I’m going to agree with you. There will be bad days, and those bad days will help you appreciate all the good ones to come. So I want you to remember this- if you have people in your life that make you miserable, it’s okay to leave them behind. If you are in a relationship with a person who doesn’t treat you right? It’s okay to walk way. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been with them for 30 years or a month. Your past is not a waste of time. Leaving them is not “giving up.” If you’re NOT HAPPY then you gotta do whatever you need to do to GET HAPPY. If you have relatives who make you feel like shit because they don’t agree with the way you want to live your life? It’s okay to not speak to them. It’s okay to not go to those family events. It’s okay to be ANYWHERE ELSE as long as it makes you happy. And you know what else? If you need professional help to get you to a happy state of being? That’s okay too. It doesn’t make you any less of a person. It doesn’t make you weak. You might feel weak now, but I promise you, if you take the steps that YOU NEED TO TAKE to get you to HAPPY? It’ll be so worth it. Because what’s better than happiness?
Be happy, guys, for your own sake. <3
I feel awkward tagging people, but please feel free to tag yourself! If you find this through me I would love it if you tagged me back so I can make sure to see it!! <333
So this is a really old piece from way back when skipperwing and I used to challenge each other. I think this is… like…. 3? 4? years old now. Yep! Now I’m going to go back to working on new stuff.
*UPDATED* Hah! And HERE’S SKIPPERWING’S!!
Look at that. Back before we even had Tumblr.
**UPDATED** colourfulash thinks I need to do a “redraw” of this one. Maybe! We’ll see!
This made me so happy! Thank you!
I’m calling it done, I don’t like the way I color… at all. Buuuuuuuuut! It’s done. Maybe. Probably.
25. Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
If I’m animating? No. Music can be distracting and I find that sometimes my timing will be off because I’m subconsciously animating to the beat of whatever I’m currently listening to. Unless of course I’m animating something to music, because yeah, that song will be on repeat forever and a day.
For anything else? All the yes. I put my headset on and forget about the world while I doodle my little heart out. <3
Thanks for the ask!
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Let’s play the ask game!
I did this drawing of my grandma a while ago. It’s on a post-it-note. I’m sharing it now because the last thing I was working on has to stay secret (for now), and the CURRENT thing I’m working on (another soul eater piece, Tsubaki and Black*Star à la AU) is just.. taking longer than I expected. Wheelchairs are hard to draw and the two stories I’m basing it off of were just SO good that I want to make sure I do it justice. I’m probably over thinking it… but yeah. Anyway. I’m posting this just so the blog doesn’t stay stagnant.
For anyone wondering, this piece took about 20mins. It would have taken way longer if it was larger, but it’s only 3x3”
Hey there you kaiju junkies! Listen up, this here is a call to action! What action you ask? Why, nothing but the prospect of being in this…THE KAIJU MONSTER MASH!! That’s right! You want to be involved in this monstrous zine? Then put down the kaiju brain you’re about to try to drift…
We’re getting into week two of the submission process! Please don’t be shy!
Um…. Hmm… Trying to think up random facts about myself is hard because to me they are all just common place and boring.
- Seriously, though. I had the hardest time coming up with answers for this. I want to be honest and open about myself and at the same time… the internet is forever. So I had two cups of coffee while I pondered over my likely responses and tried to nix out anything too negative, personal, or obvious- though if you’re curious about anything in particular I’d be more than willing to tell you privately.
- I play “Time Is Running Out” by Muse on repeat in a room lit only by artificial light when I’m working on a piece with a deadline. I started doing this in college and it worked so well I’ve just kept doing it whenever I’ve needed to. The song was random and I thought was just sort of funny to have playing while I worked. Being in a room without natural light meant that I didn’t notice how much time had passed (no sunset or sunrise) same with having the song on repeat- I’d lose count of how many times it’s played.
- Speaking of college- I lived off of sour patch kids. Lived and survived. I don’t regret it.
- I was going to be all “my first fandom was sailor moon” until I realized that it totally WASN’T. My first fandom was dogs. Like. The animal. It started with Pound Puppies and then 101 Dalmatians and it just evolved into an all-consuming thing that makes me just as bad as any cat lady but with DOGS. I have dresses and sweaters with dog patterns on them. I don’t pass a dog ever without cooing like a crazy person… it’s bad. I was too young at the time to realize what was happening but now that I think back on it? I’ve always been a fangirl. But if we want to talk anime (firsts)? Sailor Moon. Books? Harry Potter. Predictable.
- I don’t know if you’ve noticed? But I’m wordy. It might not SEEM like it on tumblr but yeah. I don’t shut up. Ever. I’m holding three other conversations whilst I do this.
- « IS MY LUCKY NUMBER! And oddly enough the hubby’s birthday, as well as mine, are both on a 6th!
- I love to bake. My mom pushed me into when I was young because I would just.. make these HUGE HORRIFIC MESSES and one day, after work, when she got home to my “latest and greatest” mess she was like. Nope! And taught me how to make brownies. I guess she figured that if was going to come home to a mess to clean up than she might as well get brownies out of it. And it just sort of stuck with me. When Christmas comes? There’s NO STOPPING ME. This Halloween? Soul Eater cookies. Probably sooner. I can’t wait!
- I have a book full of ideas. From illustration ideas, anime openings, greeting cards, sculptures… even fanfiction (though I haven’t written any in 10 years). I get REALLY excited when I’m finally able to cross one out but it doesn’t happen a lot.
- So, this is my art blog, right? But I don’t like posting my art online at all. I feel like I just add to the noise but at the same time I LOVE being able to go online and look at what everyone else is doing. More often than not, if I post something? It’s because the husband has threatened to post it himself if I don’t. I still mostly keep things to Instagram because I can go back and delete it and have it be gone for good.. but once tumblr reblogs it I’m dooooooooooooooooooooooomed.
- All my pocket change goes to action figures. Mostly anime ones, but not always. Though I’m REALLY looking forward to this Christmas where I should be adding that AWESOME Maka figure to my collection. Oh, Maka. I love you. Also? GSC, if you’re reading this? Ranma figmas. I beg of you. Make it happen. (And Sailor Moon because Bandai is doing a CRAP job and it makes me SO SAD!)
Feel free to ignore and sorry if anyone is getting double-tagged. The Soul Eater fandom community is tight knit. (also! for the two character blogs? I thought it would be funny to get 10 random facts as those characters. But again, feel free to ignore)